Xero Shoes, Bombas, Stone Glacier, William Murray Golf, Vibe Kayaks, PXG, and JLab Audio were among several companies in the active lifestyle space that landed on the 2021 Inc. 5000 annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
The list is a snapshot of how well companies performed in the period considered for the list, which, for the latest ranking, is 2017 to 2020.
Since Inc. started publishing in 1979, the media house has featured companies with rapid revenue growth to highlight entrepreneurial success.
Notable companies such as Zappos, Under Armour, Patagonia, and Peloton in the active space as well as Microsoft, Dell, Yelp, Intuit, and Pandora gained national exposure as honorees on its annual ranking.
A list of active lifestyle companies, ranked by growth, as compiled by Inc. is as follows:
- #17 – Casely, Brooklyn-based seller of cases and accessories for smartphones and other devices. Three-year growth rate 16,594 percent.
- #26 – Fair Harbor, New York City-based maker of apparel made from upcycled plastic bottles. Three-year growth rate 11,475 percent.
- #33 – HydroJug, Ogden, UT-based and Las Vegas, NV-based producer of customizable, reusable hydration vessels. Three-year growth rate 9,032 percent
- #71 – Brumate, Denver, CO-based seller of insulated drinkware and coolers designed to keep beverages at the ideal temperature. Three-year growth rate 5,320 percent.
- #221 – Pomchies, Tempe, AZ-based maker of accessories out of swimwear fabric, including lanyards, keykeepers and masks. Three-year growth rate 1,987 percent.
- #321 – Shefit, Hudsonville, MI-based maker of athletic and fitness products for women. Three-year growth rate 1,435 percent.
- #326 – Bat Club USA, Miami, FL-based subscription service for baseball and softball equipment. Three-year growth rate 1,425 percent
- #372 – Beachly Brands, Oceanside, CA-based seller of outdoor apparel, accessories and lifestyle products by subscription and direct-to-consumer. Three-year growth rate 1,291 percent.
- #372 – Crossrope, Raleigh, NC-based seller of interchangeable weighted jump ropes. Three-year growth rate 1,239 percent.
- #403 – AMB Wellness Partners, Scottsdale, AZ-based service assists men over 40 to lose weight, build muscle, and live healthier lifestyles. Three-year growth rate 1,201 percent.
- #420 – PRx Performance, Fargo, ND-based maker of space-saving at-home fitness equipment. Three-year growth rate 1,149 percent
- #433 – Lunya Company, Santa Monica, CA-based maker of women’s sleepwear using fabrics that control temperature and reduce muscle aches. Three-year growth rate 1,129 percent
- #444 – Body FX, Coral Gables, FL-based provider of at-home fitness programs and supplements via most major programming platforms. Three-year growth rate 1,104 percent.
- #465 – Pit Viper, Salt Lake City, UT-based manufacturer of sunglasses. Three-year growth rate 1,035 percent.
- #521 – Gymreapers, Meridian, ID-based manufacturer of strength and conditioning equipment, accessories and apparel. Three-year growth rate 940 percent.
- #547 – Chirp, Meridian, Draper, UT- based maker of relief and preventive back pain devices, including Chirp Wheels. Three-year growth rate 877 percent.
- #559 – My Backyard Sports, Closter, NJ-based franchise designs, builds and installs home sports environments to replicate a stadium or arena experience. Three-year growth rate 859 percent.
- #818 – ZOX, Austin, TX-based online seller of clothing, accessories and backpacks. Three-year growth rate 595 percent.
- #832 – DivvyUp, Tallahassee, FL-based custom sock company. Three-year growth rate 589 percent.
- #853 – GiantMouse, East Lansing, MI-based designer of knives. Three-year growth rate 572 percent.
- #909 – Sock Fancy, Atlanta, GA-based apparel brand. Three-year growth rate 533 percent.
- #962 – Rep Fitness, Denver, CO-based provider of home fitness products. Three-year growth rate 499 percent.
- #909 – Recoup Fitness, Denver, CO-based maker of hot and cold therapy products to treat athletic injuries through recovery. Three-year growth rate 492 percent.
- #991 – Fishing Online, New Brighton, PA-based store specializing in kayak fishing gear. Three-year growth rate 485 percent.
- #1,042 – Rapsodo Pte Ltd., Chesterfield, MO-based developer of data-driven sports technologies created for athletes and coaches to analyze and improve their game cost-effectively. Three-year growth rate 464 percent.
- #1,042 – Idea Nest, Tampa, FL-based owner of three e-commerce consumer apparel brands specializing in graphic tees. Three-year growth rate 438 percent.
- #1,086 – Bombas, New York City-based seller of socks and other apparel. For every item purchased, donates an item to people in need. Three-year growth rate 408 percent
- #1,144 – BodyHealth, Dunedin, FL-based education provider to improve and maintain a body’s condition and the products to achieve goals. Three-year growth rate 425 percent.
- #1,198 – Woom Bikes USA, Austin, TX-based maker of lightweight bikes designed for kids. Three-year growth rate 404 percent.
- #1,207 – Buddy Outdoors, Dallas, TX-based outfitter of hunting and angler equipment. Three-year growth rate 402 percent.
- #1,268 – StretchLab Franchise, Irvine, CA-based, offers customized flexibility services to customers across ages and fitness levels. Three-year growth rate 379 percent.
- #1,334 – Row House Franchise, Irvine, CA-based indoor rowing studio. Three-year growth rate 357 percent.
- #1,450 – Top Speed Golf, Lake Mary, FL-based content developer and website helping golfers improve their game. Three-year growth rate 326 percent.
- #1,452 – Stone Glacier, Bozeman, MT-based maker of ultralight backcountry and wilderness gear. Three-year growth rate 326 percent.
- #1,498 – Xero Shoes, Broomfield, CO-based manufacturer of shoes, boots and sandals for casual and performance wear. Three-year growth rate 316 percent.
- #1,564 – Spire Collective, Troy, VA-based product and e-commerce company focused on outdoor sports and organization, helping customers make time for adventure. Three-year growth rate 300 percent.
- #1,627 – W.M. Golf (William Murray Golf), Austin, TX-based lifestyle apparel company. Three-year growth rate 285 percent.
- #1,761 – Powertec, Paramount, CA-based maker of strength equipment for home and light commercial use. Three-year growth rate 259 percent.
- #1,877 – Back to Nature, Franklin, TN-based maker Wise Owl Outfitters and two supplements brands. Three-year growth rate 239 percent.
- #1,937 – Conscious Step, Brooklyn, NY-based maker of sustainable socks and sweatshirts partnering with nonprofits to raise awareness for global issues. Three-year growth rate 230 percent.
- #2,021 – JLab Audio, Carlsbad, CA-based wireless headphone and audio equipment supplier. Three-year growth rate 219 percent.
- #2,085 – Next Distributions, Draper, UT-based wellness brand manufacturing and selling barbell clamps to fit Olympic-sized bars. Three-year growth rate 210 percent.
- #2,112 – Gear Up 2 Go, Appleton, WI-based retailer owns and operates ten websites for the outdoor market and ATV and UTV accessories. Three-year growth rate 206 percent.
- #2,165 – BOTE, Miramar Beach, FL-based maker of water sports equipment, including paddleboards, kayaks and docks micro skiffs. Three-year growth rate 200 percent.
- #2,557 – Tee Hunt, Warminster, PA-based online retailer providing original t-shirt designs and apparel. Three-year growth rate 163 percent.
- #2,748 – Exerscribe, Scottsdale, AZ-based online retailer of fitness and biohacking products. Three-year growth rate 147 percent.
- #2,851 – PXG (Parsons Xtreme Golf), Scottsdale, AZ-based developer of golf equipment, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as sport fashion. Three-year growth rate 138 percent.
- #2,969 – LensDirect, Garden City, NY-based online seller of brand-name contact lenses, glasses, sunglasses, eyewear lens replacement, and related products. Three-year growth rate 130 percent
- #3,109 – Balec Group, Los Angeles, CA-based e-commerce company specializing in wholesale headwear and hosiery on DTC websites and online marketplaces. Three-year growth rate 122 percent
- #3,200 – Well Told, Exeter, NH-based maker of drinkware home décor, and accessories focused on personalization. Three-year growth rate 115 percent.
- #3,346 – Vibe Kayaks, Kennesaw, GA-based maker of fishing kayaks and gear. Three-year growth rate 106 percent.
- #3,588 – WakeMakers, Bend, OR-based retailer and manufacturer of watersports products. Three-year growth rate 95 percent.
- #3,829 – Darn Good Yarn, Halfmoon, NY-based e-commerce company marketing and distributing yarn, craft and apparel products. Three-year growth rate 84 percent.
- #4362 – OrderMyGear, Dallas, TX-based company that connects teams, distributors and brands through a software program to order gear online. Three-year growth rate 64 percent.
- #4,487 – Sea Bags, Portland, ME-based maker of totes and accessories from recycled sailcloth. Three-year growth rate 60 percent.
Companies on the 2021 Inc. 5000 are ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2017 to 2020. Companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2017. They must be U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit, and independent, not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies, as of December 31, 2020. (Since then, some on the list have gone public or were acquired.) The minimum revenue required for 2017 is $100,000. The minimum for 2020 is $2 million. Inc. reserves the right to decline applicants for subjective reasons.
Photo courtesy Xero Shoes, #1,498 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 List